Minggu, 22 Juli 2012

It actually works!

FlexSMART Transmitter Hands Free Blackberry Smartphones

FlexSMART Transmitter Hands Free Blackberry Smartphones

I wish they would market this product more, I really had to do quite a bit of research for find this gem. And no question about it, this product is a gem! It's called a bluetooth enabled FM transmitter, but that's like describing an Audi S8 as a civilian transport vehicle. There is so much under the hood of this product!

To put it simply, all I wanted was product that would stream music playing on my iPhone through bluetooth to my car's audio system. I own a 1994 Mustang and I was getting tired to hooking into cables when I got into my car, scrolling through my iPhone, and finally playing something. All of that to ultimately repeat the process in reverse when I was ready to leave my car. Most newer vehicles have this feature but I didn't want to spend thousands on a new car, when I had a perfectly good car with one minor tech exception.

This product solved that exception and so much more!

It will allow you to:
- charge your mobile device (not just iPhone)
- send audio to your car via radio transmission (pretty much any frequency you'd like - not just a subset range)
- send audio to your car via auxiliary audio input
- take audio from A2DP bluetooth streaming device
- take audio from an audio input (if you'd like to use your iPod or other device without bluetooth)
- control playback forward, reverse, next track, previous track, play, and pause
- answer a call from your bluetooth phone
- place a call from your bluetooth phone
- use voice command on your bluetooth phone (not sure about other devices, but works great on my iPhone)
- set the volume being sent to your car
- and press a single button on the product to turn it on and off (this is awesome since some cars don't turn off power to devices that are plugged into the car's power port - this means that it'll continue to draw power even after you've removed your car keys - this option eliminates that from happening!!!)

The experience:
Pairing was super easy, pressed and held one button for 5 secondsish on the device, then selected the name on my iPhone and it was done.

Using the features was equally as easy. It was all intuitive and I have yet to even open the manual =)

Sound quality is another shiny plus here. Different genres of music played really well. The sound quality was crisp, no background noise, and powerful enough that I have my stereo volume at a normal listening level which is the same level I have set for listening to CDs, mp3s, etc.

Microphone quality is also great. I'm not sure if the product uses noise canceling technology, but it was surprisingly clear and I didn't need to speak up or change my speech patterns at all.

I'm also really happy with Accessory Genie, their product packaging and shipping were really great. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to nicks and scratches, and they did a great job in not only getting the product on the first day of the delivery range, but also packaging it perfectly.

In retrospect, this review probably sounds like a marketing plug in disguise, but all I can say is I rarely fill out a review beyond "great product" or "needs more work, not happy". I really tip my hat to the engineer that created this little gem =)

Get your FlexSMART Transmitter Hands Free Blackberry Smartphones Now!

1 komentar:

  1. i have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500. i want to install an auxiliary cord for my iphone. not exactly sure how to do this....can i just plug the cord into the back of the deck? i have heard there is a way to mod the XM radio to use the aux cord instead. it is the factory system w/ XM and OnStar.

    BalasHapus