Jumat, 10 Agustus 2012

Perfect!

3 5mm Cable Connect iPhone Player

3 5mm Cable Connect iPhone Player

As others have noted, there is a YT video that shows how to install this in a Mazda MX5 (Miata). If you Google for "gta Miata" you'll find it -- it's entitled "GTA Car Kits - Mazda MX-5 Miata 2006-2008 iPod, iPhone, iPad, mp3 and AUX adapter installation". However, I found some differences/ problem when installing on my car (2008 GT, with the Bose audio system factory-installed).

1. The video states that you must remove a plastic part from under the steering wheel, then remove a metal plate, then remove a 10mm bolt to release the unit. That bolt wasn't on my car, so none of that was necessary.

2. So all I had to do was remove the plastic side panels then remove 2 Phillips screws (as shown on the video).

3. Then I could pull the whole unit out. BUT when I did that, the antenna cable - which (unknown to me) was tightly tied down behind the unit, with almost no "free" cable -- got disconnected from the back of the radio, so I lost the radio signal. And there was no way I could have re-inserted the cable into the back of the radio -- the cable was tied down, no way to pull it forward to put it into the radio before sliding the unit back in. LUCKILY I had a spare male to female 3.5mm extender cable, so I was able to use that.....snapped the female end onto the antenna cable, and then I had a lot of free cable to play with, so I could put the male part of the extender into the radio. Then I tucked the rest of the extender, as neatly as I could, way back under the dash, and slid the unit back in. Works perfectly. But my advice is - if you have a factory-installed unit, consider having an extender cable on hand before you begin !!!

OK, that said: the aux cable works perfectly. I snapped it into the back of the radio, and ran the excess cable under the unit as I slid it back in. Turned out that there was a little space under the front edge of the unit after it was back in place, so there was no need to cut anything in order to make room for the cable. Plugged the jack into my phone's headset socket, and when I pressed the Aux button on the Bose audio unit, I get great-quality audio through my car audio system. Terrific.

One small downside (not the fault of the cable, I don't think) - as others have noted, if you simultaneously charge the phone via a USB cable from the "cigar outlet", it works but you get a nasty interference noise coming from the speakers. Not a problem for general audio (which doesn't burn up the battery too much) but it'll be a problem if you want to use navigation with voice directions, because that requires GPS, and that will eat the battery.

Get your 3 5mm Cable Connect iPhone Player Now!

7 komentar:

  1. I want to buy my boyfriend a record player for valentines day so he can play his vinyls, but I know he wants to also play his ipod off it it too. Where can I find one where it plays ipod but connects in the headphone spot. Because when he upgrades his iphone I do not want the dock and the record player to be useless and to go to waste because I know the iphone five has a different charger slot.

    BalasHapus
  2. Christopher Valdez20 Oktober 2011 pukul 14.32

    I was in a car crash and my car was totaled and when I pulled out my stereo the cable connecting the unit to the car was left behind. Where can I get a replacement cable and is it worth replacing?

    BalasHapus
  3. I want to connect my iPhone to my car Cd Player via the usb lead, do i have to alter any settings on the phone for me to do so?

    BalasHapus
  4. I know there is one that goes from the iphone to the radio but I have the lg voyager so what would I need for it to go from there to the car radio?

    BalasHapus
  5. I am having trouble trying to work my aux on the stereo in my van. I have had it working a while back but can not remember how i did this? I just recieved an aux cable from ebay today and plugged it into the aux port on the standard vauxhall vivaro cd player and pressed source and all it could find is fm and cd. I have tried holding it in etc but no luck! I am using an iphone 5. Please any help appreciated its giving me a headache! Thanks alot. Also the van is a 2012 plate

    BalasHapus
  6. The SUV has a factroy Nav unit and 6 cd changer at the bottom of the seat. How can I connect my ipod or iphone to play music with either source. I have tried PIE and does not seem to work. Please help me out here....I even tried best buy and no solution.

    BalasHapus
  7. I am making a DIY speaker in a few weeks using a speaker and a terminal cup. I also want to make the speaker cable that plugs into the terminal cup. Is it possible to make a speaker cable with two banana plugs on one end (for the terminal cup) and one 3.5mm audio jack on the other end (for an iPod or iPhone)?

    BalasHapus