Sabtu, 18 Agustus 2012

Great Buy

Polk Audio 6 5 Inch Coaxial Speakers

Polk Audio 6 5 Inch Coaxial Speakers

I had some very good speakers in my car years ago but they had paper cones and were destroyed by water. Polk was one of the few companies that offered a marine grade speaker for the car and based on Polk's audio history I went with it.

They sound great.

I would have only said "very good" until I removed a piece of wood that I had over the door port (a long story!). Once this speaker had room to breathe the sound is fantastic - very rich, open and detailed. The bass is amazing. It really shakes the car without distorting - and I don't have a subwoofer anymore.

I am a car stereo enthusiast without a budget so my "system" is a:

'96 Honda civic stock radio (Alpine, with cassette)
75 WPC mtx amp with .75f capacitor (picked up at electronics shop for $15)
These Polk speakers mounted in the front doors (regular position).
About 300lbs. of sound deadening material including roofing tar and shingles.

The sheer stupidity of putting the tar in my car is pointed out to me regularly by my wife and I have to agree - don't do this at home! However - it was dirt cheap and provides incredible bass response.
I used to have an 8" sub but these speakers go down so low that it would not make any sense to put it back. I have all 75w going to the Polks. I listen to stuff on the radio and prefer metal but the Polks make any radio mix sound very nice.

Get your Polk Audio 6 5 Inch Coaxial Speakers Now!

7 komentar:

  1. I have a polk audio 600 watt bridgeable 4 channel amp with 75X4 rms or 85X2 rms, and im trying to figure out the best way to run 2 pioneer 3 way 6X9 speakers with 500W peak power and 160 rms in the rear and 2 polk 6.5 inch coaxial speakers with 200W peak and 100 rms in the front. Please help

    BalasHapus
  2. I have no idea what the factory stuff is thats in here. I just want better bass and better overall sound. Nothing too big.

    BalasHapus
  3. So I got myself an SSA Zcon 12 and the crescendo audio bc2000d amp. The problem is I cant hear my vocals all I hear is bass. What components are loud enough to hear the vocals along with my sub. Also what amp should i get to power the components. I have a 2012 corolla with the 6.5's up front and 6x9's in the rear.

    BalasHapus
  4. I have an 04 Mazda rx8 and the head unit is extremely hard to replace. However, one of my speakers keeps failing so ill need to get some new ones. I was wondering if there's a brand that makes speakers that would go with my head unit and still sound good? Thanks guys

    BalasHapus
  5. What car speakers would be ideal for an upgrade from stock 2005 mustang convertible shaker 500 system speakers, for $400 or less + installation? also what are some cheap but reliable 1100watt amps peak, to run two 12" 600watt RMS 1100 watt peak subs.

    BalasHapus
  6. It's Toyota camry and I want to be able to park my car and play music from speakers in my trunk at party's and stuff but my in car speakers are to quite. I want good and kinda cheap speakers that would be kinda easy to install.

    BalasHapus
  7. I am looking for a vehicle radio and speakers for my Subaru with decent bass. Minding that they ar inexpensive. Any ideas? Thanks everyone! :D

    BalasHapus